The CMP3 professional development is designed to provide implementing teachers with the opportunity to:
• Develop an understanding of the philosophy and goals of the CMP3 curriculum
• Explore the connections between CMP and the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
• Explore the mathematical ideas in the selected unit and the implications for practice
• Collaborate with colleagues in similar grade levels
• Deepen their content and pedagogical content knowledge
During the sessions, teachers will learn about the curricular materials and resources, engage in problem-based investigations, prepare for implementation in their classrooms, and explore high-quality instruction. They will engage in activities to promote reflection and professional growth.
• Please bring the CMP Teacher’s Guide and Student Book for the unit being explored at the session.
• Lunch will be provided.
• CPDUs will be awarded upon completion.
• For additional information, please email Natacha Dieudonné at firstname.lastname@example.org