Coach: Annie Forest
How do you start your school year? These resources can help create a community of learners in your classroom!
1. 100 Numbers Task from Sara VanDerWerf to get students working together.
2. Another great idea from Sara VanDerWerf, Name Tents.
3. “Setting Up Positive Norms” from YouCubed.
4. Establishing Norms (adapted from Singleton & Linton’s Courageous Conversations model).
5. “Me in Numbers” activity from Annie Forest’s blog.
6. 30+ Activities for the First Week of School from Math Equals Love.
7. “Getting to Know Each Other” Activity Builder screens in Desmos.
8. The Four 4’s activity from YouCubed.
9. 2 weeks of K-1 routines from Margie Pearse: https://t.co/qcnHhM9r0a
10. Student Autobiography Google Slides from Howie Hua
We hope your school year gets off to a great start. Happy teaching!