|Looking for some Halloween fun for your math classes this week? Here are some spook-tacular ideas to get you started!|
1. This pumpkin carving Desmos activity is pretty fun!
2. These Estimation 180 prompts are great. Just pop them up and ask students to estimate. Make it even more interesting by asking for the highest and lowest they would go… the smaller the range, the more confident they are. Or here it is in Desmos.
3. Show a graph or image from here and ask, “What do you notice? What do you wonder?”
4. Scary Sierpinski Skull Time from Vi Hart (video not for our littlest mathematicians)
5. Jack-o-Lantern Combinations
6. Some CGI Halloween-themed problems from MCMI Coach, Margie Pligge