The professional development is designed to provide opportunities for teachers to explore problems of practice and provide high-quality experiences for students by:
- Building a collaborative professional community of reflective mathematics teachers;
- Developing teachers’ understanding of what it means to provide equitable access to a wide variety of learners;
- Enhancing participants’ abilities to use high-quality mathematics tasks to engage in formative assessment processes and support the development of students’ robust understanding of mathematics;
- Expanding participants’ vision of mathematics teaching and strengthen teacher content and pedagogical content knowledge;
- Deepening teachers’ understanding of Mathematics by promoting the Mathematical Content and Practices within and across grade levels.