The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is offering a series of Connected Mathematics 3 (CMP3) professional development sessions during the 2018–2019 school year. These professional development sessions will provide support for teachers implementing CMP3 in their sixth, seventh, or eighth grade classrooms.
The CMP3 professional development is designed to provide implementing teachers with the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of the philosophy and goals of the CMP3 curriculum
- Explore the connections between CMP and the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- Explore the mathematical ideas in the selected unit and the implications for practice
- Collaborate with colleagues in similar grade levels
- Deepen their content and pedagogical content knowledge
During the sessions, teachers will learn about the curricular materials and resources, engage in problem-based investigations, prepare for implementation in their classrooms, and explore high-quality instruction. They will engage in activities to promote reflection and professional growth.
Register is available at http://MCMIConnectedMathPD.eventbrite.com .