Coach: Joanne Baker
Grade band: K–8
This High-Quality Task Framework was developed to use as a tool to have a common language across a K–8 district to identify and discuss what is a High-Quality task.
High-Quality Task Framework
- Requires students to explore and understand the nature of mathematical concepts, processes, or relationships.
- Requires students to access relevant knowledge and experience, and make appropriate use of them in working through the task.
- There is no implied or prescribed way of completing the task.
For example, one or more of these may apply:
- May provide multiple access points for students.
- May allow for possible multiple strategies.
- May allow for possible multiple solutions
- May allow for differing rationale, justifications, and viable arguments.
NOTE: Separating what a teacher does during implementation from what is inherent in the task can be really challenging. For this analysis, we want to separate the implementation from the task.