TODOS: Mathematics for All will recognize up to six Chicago-area students in Grades 5-12 at a ceremony on during the 2020 National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Centennial Meeting and Exposition in Chicago. Each student will receive a calculator donated by Texas Instruments and a certificate from TODOS. Nominating teachers of award winners will receive a one-year membership/extension in TODOS and a recognition certificate.
To be eligible for TODOS Student Awards, students should be nominated by their mathematics teacher. Teachers may nominate a maximum of two students for the award. To best serve the mission of TODOS, a student nominated for an award must be a member of an underrepresented group—in particular, Latina/o—and should meet at least ONE of the following eligibility criteria:
- Has demonstrated sustained success in mathematics;
- Has shown significant progress in mathematics achievement;
- Has demonstrated leadership in or out of the classroom regarding mathematics education;
- Has a specific “mathematics student success story” deserving of recognition (e.g., extraordinary project, overcome obstacles, etc.); or
- Has gone “above and beyond” in some aspect of his/her mathematics performance.
Download the application packet at http://stemed.uchicago.edu/TODOSawardapp.
All applications must be received on or before Monday, March 2, 2020.
Contact Marty Gartzman at email@example.com if you have questions about the 2020 TODOS Student Recognition Awards.
TODOS: Mathematics for All is a professional organization that advocates for equity and excellence in mathematics education for ALL students—in particular, Latina/o students. Founded in 2003 and with over 800 members from across the country, TODOS members know that equity and excellence in mathematics matter! TODOS promotes social justice in mathematics education and provides high quality resources to help reach our mission and goals. For more information, see https://www.todos-math.org/.