The Learning Sciences Research Institute at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking Visiting Program Associates. Three part-time (50%) positions are available. The position supports the development and implementation of pre K–16 education improvement programs with a focus on mathematics improvement. Responsibilities may include curriculum and/or program development, serving as a liaison between the University and schools on program implementation, engaging in outreach activities and supporting key elements of the program. The position also engages in on-site-coaching, mentoring, collaborates with university personnel and project partners, and supports the overall goals of the projects. The position is contingent upon grant funding.
- Supports the development and implementation of pre K–16 mathematics education improvement programs.
- Researches and develops educational materials for specified programs and grades.
- Develops, reviews and revises related curriculum for specified programs and grades.
- Supports and coaches teachers, schools and school administrators regarding mathematics educational and teaching program changes and implementations.
- Observes and supports classroom teaching of mathematics to promote teacher reflection and learning.
- Works with related team members, authors, editors, production personnel and publishers on the development of professional development and/or teaching materials.
- Provides expertise, coaching and assistance to the education communities through conference and workshop presentations, individual and group sessions and through the writing and publication of related articles.
- Designs, plans and facilitates professional development sessions.
- Prepares related reports, findings and making recommendations for change.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of a Master’s Degree in a related discipline which may include Reading, Literature, Mathematics, Science, and/or Education, along with advanced knowledge of related principles and practices.
- Prior teaching experience in mathematics and education/grade levels is required.
- Demonstrated abilities to communicate and write for students, teachers and school administrators in the particular discipline.
- Requires excellent communication, organization, analytical, presentation and computer/pc skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) along with other related software.
Interested candidates must complete an online application at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=117009&job=visiting-program-associate-learning-sciences-research-institute and include a letter of interest, resume, and three references by July 12, 2019.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Learning Sciences Research Institute • University of Illinois at Chicago • 1240 West Harrison, Suite 1535 • Chicago, IL 60607
312-996-2448 (phone) • 312-413-7411 (fax) • www.lsri.uic.edu